Following Jesus is the most important choice we will ever make. At Millville Assembly, He is central to our lives.
There are a few things the Bible teaches us that help us make an informed, life-changing decision:
1. God has a wonderful vision for our lives - lives that are vibrant, full of joy, and last forever because they are lives with him in the center.
2. But there is a problem. All of us are disqualified from this kind of amazing life because sin has broken the relationship with God and we can do nothing on our own to restore it.
3. Not only is the relationship broken, but our sin makes us deserving of God’s wrath and eternal punishment.
4. In the greatest act of love in human history, Jesus, God’s son, willingly died on the cross as our substitute, took God’s wrath for us, and created a way for our relationship with God to be fully restored. Three days later he came back to life and showed himself to many eyewitnesses and ascended to heaven in their sight to prove that he is, in fact, the Son of God.
5. Now, if we choose to make Jesus the leader of our life, and believe in our heart by faith that God raised Jesus from the dead, we will be saved from the wrath we deserve, have the relationship with God restored, and begin enjoying life the way it was meant to be - with Jesus in the center.
If you have decided to follow Jesus, welcome to God’s family! If you have any questions about becoming a follower of Jesus or if you recently made the decision, contact us and let us know.
The next best step for followers of Jesus is to be baptized. To learn more about baptism click here.